What health insurance is required in Spain to people from abroad

4 June 2018
4 June 2018, Comments: 0

In an increasingly globalized world, it is very common for people from other countries to change their residence habitually, for some time, to people who come from abroad to reside in Spain, they are required to have an equivalent private health insurance to social security coverage, they are usually also required to have no copayments, and in many cases, they are also asked not to have grace periods.

In Sanitas we have several products adapted for these situations, from people permanently residing in Spain, people who spend long periods in their country of origin or who travel outside Spain frequently, including people who come to study in Spain for about months, or years.

We could classify the actual needs of the insured according to the following products:

More health / BLUA / More than 90,000, products aimed at people permanently residing in Spain and for an indefinite period.

International residents / BLUA / Premium 500,000 / Health PLAN, products aimed at people who usually travel frequently, or reside abroad for several months a year. With International residents, you have coverage for up to 6 months in a row outside of Spain. And with the BLUA, you can make your consultations to our doctors, by video call, at any time and wherever you are.

Sanitas International Students, if you come to study in Spain this is your product, contractable from 18 to 35 years, it is a policy with a very economic premium, without co-payments and without deficiencies, including dental policy.

If you still doubt the product that best suits you, contact us for more information.